Saturday, 20 August 2016

Food in Notts: Veggie Fish & Chips in The New (Old) Angel



Last time I was walking through Hockley I noticed that the 'Old Angel' pub was looking a little different. Back when I moved here it was known as a metal/rock pub and was also the original home of Annie's Burgers, which, since moving to it own premises in the Lace Market, is now one of Nottingham's most popular eateries.

The Old Angel has now dropped the 'Old' and been turned into The Angel Micro-brewery by the owners of Nottingham vegetarian cafe bar, the Alley Cafe. I dropped in for a bite to eat last Monday to try it out and it was looking lovely (although I couldn't help missing the Old Angel just a little bit and wondering where its previous residents were now drinking!). I'm also intrigued to see the micro brewery side of the pub which is still being finished.

Menu: The menu is helpfully divided into 'Herbivore' & 'Carnivore' sections, meaning us veggies don't have to pore over it trying to decipher what the best option is. All the veggie options can also be made vegan. I tried a halloumi 'fish & chips' (can never resist halloumi) and it was very tasty indeed!
Value for money? My meal was £8.95 which wasn't bad, and there are lighter options on the menu for lunch.
Added bonus: a friendly dog was in residence when we visited, never a bad thing!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Thomas was VERY excited about this when I told him- so exciting to find somewhere that he can have great vegan food and I can have carnivorous stuff. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig