Sunday, 10 April 2016

Food in Notts: Oscar & Rosie's Pizza


I first tried Oscar & Rosie's pizza on a trip to Das Kino, in the Lace Market with fellow bloggers Janet from Words That Can Only be Your Own and Elle & Becca (who have just started a lovely new blog called The Weekend Collective).

Last year Oscar & Rosie's branched out and opened up their own pizza restaurant in Thurland Street. You can read their story here. Famous for their 'metre of pizza' they also do darn good veggie and vegan options. Having now tried three veggie options I can safely say there's no wrong choice to be made!


Tip: The 14" pizzas are pretty huge; I haven't finished a full one yet, so you may want to share a pizza between two, or ask for a pizza box to take the rest home for tomorrow's breakfast (which is usually what I opt for!) They also don't take bookings for small groups but if you turn up early-ish you should be fine.
Menu: Last time I went I opted for 'The Frenchman,' a goat's cheese, beetroot, rocket & pesto pizza on a garlic base. Mmm. I've yet to try their mac & cheese but it also looks tempting.
Value for money? 14 inch pizzas are £14, but for the sheer size & fresh ingredients I'd say it's not bad value and you could always choose to split a pizza. 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That pizza looks amazing - I love goats cheese! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a massive goats cheese fan - and it goes so well with beetroot. Definitely going to have to visit (and we still need that catch up!) Thanks for mentioning the new blog :) B x

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig