Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Make: A Jar of Good Things


Andrea posted an excellent list on her blog this week entitled '100 Things that make me happy and depend only on me'. The post reminded me of an idea which I nabbed from my creative friend Emma Blue at the beginning of the year. Emma posted a photo on Instagram at the end of 2015 of her 'jar of good things' which I loved. It's the simplest 'make' ever as all you need is an empty jar and some coloured paper!

The idea is to cut up some paper into strips and as the year goes by, write happy moments on them and collect them inside your jar. At the end of the year (on New Year's Eve?) you then look through the memories from the last year that you may otherwise have forgotten about. You could even geek out and categorise them using different colours, eg blue for friendship, red for love, green for adventures..? Sometimes I can be guilty of being a bit of a pessimist, so it's fun to try and focus on the positive things, however small they may be.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Ooh I keep meaning to do this... maybe I'll start right now! (having just recycled a bunch of jars, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely stealing the idea for my next house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the beginning of January I started a gratitude journal-type thing (basically a notebook where I was meant to write down one good thing every day-ish). Have I written anything in it since about 4th Jan? Have I bollocks! This has reminded me to continue with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm the same with my 365/ 5 year journal (that you also have I think) i forget to fill it in for weeks then try & do a catch up which doesn't work that well with some of the questions!

      For some reason writing/drawing on little bits of coloured paper makes it a bit more fun!

      Delete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig