Friday, 4 March 2016

Film Friday: Spotlight



Now that Spotlight has won the Best Picture Oscar it reminded me I hadn't posted a review of it...

Plot: Spotlight tells the true story of a team of journalists in Boston who uncovered the scandal of child molestation in the Catholic church.
Guest appearances: Mark Ruffalo, Michael Keaton, Rachel McAdams & John Slattery  star as the Boston Globe journalist team.
Fun Facts: Spotlight was directed by Tom Mcarthy, who also directed the wonderful The Station Agent and appeared in the final series of the Wire, playing a journalist...
Overall: Spotlight was an excellent film with great performances all round. The only criticism by Tom was that Ruffalo's acting was a little over the top at times...

Have you seen Spotlight? Did you think it deserved its Oscar?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I haven't watched it, but I was glad that The Revenant didn't get the Oscar. It was beautifully filmed and had great acting, but I didn't connect with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I missed the Revenant. I heard mixed reviews!

      Delete
  2. I am not very up to date with my movie watching :(

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig