Friday, 31 July 2015

Film Friday: Love and Mercy



Plot In Love & Mercy, Paul Dano and John Cusack both take on the part of the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson. Dano stars as the younger Brian, as he works on Pet Sounds with the band while Cusack stars as Wilson in the '80s when he's being taken advantage of by his psychologist Dr Landy.
Guest appearances Paul Giamatti stars as manipulative psycho-therapist Dr Eugene Landy, who controls every aspect of Wilson's life, administering 'medication' and forcing him to write new songs.
Overall I really enjoyed Love & Mercy. At first I was a little dubious about whether Cusack resembled the troubled Beach Boys frontman, but I thought both Cusack and Dano were great in their roles. I loved seeing the 'Wrecking Crew' musicians working on songs in the studio with Wilson at the helm, which reminded me what a musical genius he really was.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I think this was on for about a week here so of course I missed it. Hopefully it'll appear on Netflix soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really want to see this! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig