Friday, 19 June 2015

Film Friday: Under the Skin


Plot In Under the Skin, Scarlett Johansson plays a mysterious seductress who kidnaps hitch-hikers in Scotland.
Guest appearances Many of the men featured weren't actors and were captured by hidden cameras so a lot of the dialogue was improvised.
Fun facts Apparently the film took ten years to complete and originally featured a married couple (the husband of which was going to be played by Brad Pitt which would be a very different film!)
Overall I'd wanted to watch Under the Skin for a while as I loved the poster artwork, and the film is directed by Jonathan Glazer (a Nottingham Trent graduate turned filmmaker who's directed lots of music videos). I enjoyed the film - although I did doze off for a few minutes halfway through (I was sleepy, and the plot was quite mesmerising without much dialogue!) I thought Scarlett was really good, and it was interesting seeing her interacting with everyday Glaswegian men.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. T loved this, I was a lot more ambivalent. I particularly hated the ending, which I found extremely disturbing to watch.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig