Sunday, 24 May 2015

A weekend in a Welsh cabin


To celebrate my birthday last weekend Tom and I headed for a couple of nights in the Welsh countryside. I found a cute little cabin in mid-Wales (via Canopy & Stars) without TV or internet (hurrah!) with a log burner and only sheep for company.

Caban Coch (aka 'Red Cabin' as I found after checking a Welsh dictionary!) was decorated in a quirky vintage style and despite its small size was very well equipped with a cooker, mini fridge, double bed and shower. Plus the view from the window was beautiful, so it made for a really relaxing break. 









We spent a day at Aberdovey beach before heading to Dolgoch waterfalls. I had been here as a kid so it was really fun to go back and explore this Welsh 'rainforest' again.





We bought some Welsh-cakes, played board games and cosied up in front of the log burner. Even when it rained on our final evening it just made us feel even cosier so it was a perfect mini getaway.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Wow, looks like an idyllic place to stay - those views! I have a dangerous addiction to Welsh cakes, discovering that M&S sell them nationwide was not a great moment for my sugar intake.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig