Thursday, 9 April 2015

Bits of my house

We've been in our new home for just over a month now, and despite one room being full of boxes we are starting to get the house into shape! This week I've had a few days off work and it's been lovely to spend time in the garden, planting seeds in the sunshine and hanging out washing - things that are quite everyday but are things we didn't have chance to do in the flat. 





Tom's been busy drilling shelves, while I've been scouring charity shops for mid-century furniture. I had my heart set on finding a dressing table and was happy to find a nice one in the British Heart Foundation shop in Nottingham. And of course we have made several trips to Ikea. We managed to find this orange armchair in the sale section as it had been discontinued, hurrah!

It's also been great to get the log burner going on the cold nights when we first moved in.













It's been fun exploring a new area now we are a few miles outside of the city. There are some nice little cafes here, two ace pubs, an abundance of charity shops and an amazing greengrocer called Fred Hallam's.

Moving house is certainly a challenge, but it's worth it now we have more space and a place that's all ours. There's still quite a bit to do, including sanding and painting a dining chair and table, painting the bathroom and making some cushions to match the armchair. I'll share more pictures as we progress!

And here's one last shot (because it's nice to see more realistic images on blogs these days...) of our box spare room. Argh! Right, back to unpacking..


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Wow your house looks lovely, I love the living room! We moved into our new flat quite recently and are still so far from being done! I love looking at other people decor :)

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to see the new house! It looks amazing, I LOVE the dressing table you found. And the camera shelves look fab too. This weather has been perfect for getting outside into the garden: when I moved to my house after 3 years in a flat, I was so thrilled to have outside space to potter in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! It looks lovely! So glad you're settling in so fast.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig