Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Goodbye to the Convent


Four years ago, Tom and I moved into an old converted convent in the centre of Nottingham.



We've loved living in such a unique and beautiful building, and although I'm excited about FINALLY moving to our own house, there are some things I'll really miss about living here.

Here are a few memories of the Convent from the past few years....

Watching the seasons change through our window.




Parties in the Chapel.
We've made the most of the adjoining chapel, which can be hired out for events. We held two fun Halloween parties there, birthday parties, Christmas movie nights and a gaming get together. 




Taking spooky photos in the corridor...



"Ladies Bike.. and the saddle's right"
For my 30th birthday Tom bought me a bicycle.. but not only that, he made me this amazing music video to accompany it, with some friends who showed off their amazing dance skills in the corridor. Best present ever!

Ladies Bike (and the saddle's right) from TG on Vimeo.


And last but not least, this amazing book case.



Only a few sleeps left before we move, but I'm really excited about making our new house into a home, I'll share some pics from the new place soon!


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I can't wait to see pics of the new place! Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful place! Hope the move goes well

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place looks amazing! I kinda want to come to Nottingham now just so I can see it... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you should definitely come visit Nottingham - and Leicester, be great to have another blogger meet up :-)

      Delete
  4. That corridor is amazing, and the bookcase, and the chapel - okay, all of it.

    Wishing you all the best in your new place. I'm also looking forward to seeing photos!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig