Friday, 9 January 2015

Film Friday: Birdman


Plot: Michael Keaton plays a faded movie star who used to star as superhero 'Birdman' and is now trying to make it on Broadway. He directs and stars in an adaptation of a Raymond Carver story and enlists Edward Norton to star alongside him..
Guest appearances: Zach Galafinakis is great as his stressed out producer and I really enjoyed the scenes with Emma Stone who plays Keaton's daughter.
Watch this if you're a fan of... Mulholland Drive sprang to my mind during one scene... but this film is quite unique so there's not many comparable stories I can think of!
Overall: Birdman was an odd one! It was beautifully shot and had a lot of funny moments. Keaton and Norton were excellent; it was great to see Norton playing a darker role again. But some aspects of the story didn't quite work for me. Let me know what you made of Birdman!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I Loved it! I thought it was brilliantly acted (especially Norton - wow) and really funny. The ending was ambiguous but I thought it worked.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig