Tonight I'm combating the horrible weather outside by playing some old Justin Timberlake and looking through some holiday snaps taken last week when Tom and I headed for a break in Kalkan, Turkey. We're not usually ones for 'relaxing' holidays spent lounging by the pool but I have to admit it was brilliant to escape our daily schedules and spend a week in the sunshine doing not much more more than reading, swimming and eating nice food! Tom's dad recently bought a flat there with an amazing view of the sea below, we felt very lucky indeed to have chance to stay there. It all seems quite far away now however... time to start snuggling up on the sofa with a good film and a hot chocolate I think!
Some memories of Turkey...
- Spotting little fishes swimming near my feet in the clear blue sea
- Stray dogs sleeping on the pavements
- Spotting pomegranate, lime and olive trees
- Beautiful pink bougainvillea trees
- Watching lightning light up the clouds across the mountains
- Breakfasts of fresh yogurt, melon, pomegranate and honey
- The sound of the call to prayer from the Mosque in the distance
- Delicious hot Turkish tea, sheltering from a sudden rainstorm