Friday, 1 August 2014

Film Friday: A Hard Day's Night


Plot This year the iconic Beatles film A Hard Day's Night turned 50 and it was reissued in cinemas so I took my Dad along to see it on the big screen. It was made in '64 at the height of Beatlesmania and follows the boys as they embark on a tour, in a sort of mockumentary style with added songs. My favourite part of the film is where Ringo decides to abandon fame for the day and goes on a wander around London with his camera.
Guest appearances: Wilfred Brambell aka Steptoe shows up as Paul's grandpa. You can also spot George's ex wife Patti Boyd who first met him after playing a schoolgirl on the train at the beginning of the film. 
Watch this if you're a fan of.. err, The Beatles! But it's also a brilliant look at '60s England, from the gorgeous old train carriages (here I go on about trains again!) to the fashions and cobbled streets of post-war Britain.

Overall A real feel-good film, and the only time I've witnessed a man in the cinema audience get up after the film has finished and say: "Can I just ask if anyone enjoyed that as much as I did?"
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig