Saturday, 23 August 2014
Things have been a bit quiet on the blogging front for me lately, so I was happy to be nominated by Janet for the Liebster blog '11 Things' meme. The rules are:
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions given to you by the nominator
- Set 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Tag your chosen bloggers and wait to read their answers
11 Random Facts About Me...
1. I get stupidly excited when a meal Tom is cooking is nearly ready, sometimes I even do a little 'food dance'.. he laughs at me for this.
2. Even though I'm not really 'into' weddings I do like watching Don't Tell the Bride.
3. Corey Feldman is one of my top 5 actors.
4. In the past I've had guitar, keyboard and drum lessons but haven't really stuck at any of them.
5. Taking polaroids and discovering photobooths make me very happy.
6. Three different people bought me the same owl cushion over the space of a year. Since then I've kind of gone off owls but I can't really admit it to anyone..
7. When I was a kid I was addicted to watching Neighbours. Josh and Cody were my favourite characters.
8. I have a bit of a crush on Annie Clark (St Vincent).
9. I went to uni in Hull. It wasn't the coolest city, but it did have an amazing club (Spiders), great pubs and I will never forget the unique taste of chip spice.
10. I may own too many Paul McCartney solo records.
11. Kirsty Allsopp is one of my pet peeves.
Janet's questions were:
1. Why did you start blogging?
Quite a while ago now (about seven years?!) I was working as a Graphic Designer for a software company and feeling a bit uninspired in my job. Me and my workmate loved reading blogs like Design Sponge and decided we should start our own to document our inspirations.
2. What post are you most proud of?
I enjoyed posting pages from my travel journal, here and here before I made some of them into zines.
3. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
Definitely connecting with other bloggers out there, there are so many interesting, funny and creative folks I've become friends with through my blog. I also like keeping track of what I do, it's nice to look back at photos on previous posts and discover what I was doing in certain months. (For example I needed to know recently what month I moved into my current flat, so I checked my blog for an old post and that really helped me out!)
4. And a least favourite?
Sometimes reading other blogs that have perfect photos of beautiful homes etc can make you feel a like your blog doesn't measure up. A lot of bloggers (myself included) tend to focus on the positive, so they don't portray people's lives in a very measured way.
5. Important matters now: what's your favourite colour of sweet (e.g. Starburst, Fruit Pastilles)?
Ah, I'm not actually a big fan of sweets! Partly down to being veggie, but if I had to pick I'd probably go for red/strawberry!
4. And what's your least favourite?
5. What is your favourite flower?
I love sunflowers, daisies and cherry blossom...
6. Did you have a favourite dressing up outfit as a child (or, indeed, as an adult)?
See above photos.
7. Zayn or Harry?
Oh dear, I'm not quite sure who Zayn is (quick Google..) Actually I did watch a documentary about crazy One Direction fans a while ago and thought I'd pick Zayn over Harry - sorry Harry fans!
8. What was your best holiday, and why?
I really enjoyed visiting Iceland six years ago, it was a magical place that was unlike anywhere else.
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?Last time Tom and I were in Berlin we loved the laid back atmosphere and said we could imagine living there. The same goes for Amsterdam and other Dutch towns. Anywhere that encourages cycling, has good vintage shops and friendly people.
10. What's your favourite Christmas tradition?
In recent years Tom and I have started making macaroni cheese on Christmas Eve, and we never fail to watch Home Alone and dig out Sufjan Stevens' Songs for Christmas.
11. Do you have a nickname?
My name is quite hard to shorten.. I've been called 'Laus' or 'La' and my brother used to call me Laz. One friend started calling me Milly because of my surname, but it didn't really take off. (When I started this blog I used Milly as an alias.) There are so many Lauras around I really could do with a nickname, ideas welcome.
Okay here's 11 new questions... I tag Bee, Hannah and Adeline (and anybody else who fancies it!)
1. If you could recommend one great book you read in the last year what would it be?
2. What job did you aspire to as a child?
3. Who was your first crush (famous or not)?
4. What song makes you super happy when it comes on the radio?
5. What really gets your goat?
6. What is your favourite dish to cook?
7. Do you have a skill no one else can do?
8. Who's your current favourite comedian?
9. Do you collect anything?
10. What is your favourite way to spend a Sunday?
11. What one thing do you love most about your home town?
© make do and mend | All rights reserved.