Friday, 16 May 2014

Film Friday: The Wind Rises


Plot: Hayao Miyazaki's final film focuses on Jiro, who dreams of building the perfect plane at the beginning of WW2. He becomes a successful designer and meets and falls in love with Nahako who sadly suffers from tuberculosis.
Guest appearances: We saw the subtitled version of the film, but the dubbed version has some interesting actors doing the voiceover.
Watch this if you're a fan of.. Miyazaki's previous films - although this one is more realistic than some of the others, you won't be disappointed.
Fun facts Some of the sound effects in the film, such as the earthquake noise are made by human voices.
Overall: This film grew on me more as it went on, it's a beautifully animated feature and a bittersweet story.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I do really want to see this, saw it on the cover of sight & sound this month x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Miyazaki but I haven't had a chance to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too watched the subtitled version. I felt it was the perfect final film for him and loved the human sound effects. I do think it was slighty overlong and perhaps just slightly too many aeroplanes (you could tell they're his love!!). I felt it was im the same vein of his films as Fireflies -although nowhere near as tragic! ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the length.. I think I got more interested when the relationship was introduced, it was such a shame for Nahoko, she seemed rather neglected!

      Delete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig