Friday, 28 March 2014

Film Friday: The Grand Budapest Hotel


Plot: Hotel concierge Gustave H and his lobby boy Zero Moustafa embark on an adventure to keep a priceless painting.
Guest appearances: All the usual Wes Anderson suspects show up - though some of them (like Bill Murray) only briefly!
Watch this if you're a fan of.. beautiful colours, symmetry, pastries, graphic design
Overall: As with all of Wes Anderson's films, it's a visual treat to watch and every tiny detail is perfectly rendered. A great cast, Ralph Fiennes was excellent as was newcomer Tony Revolori. However after a while I found the perfect framing of each shot a little bit distracting from the plot, so not my favourite Wes Anderson film. I'd probably go for The Darjeeling Ltd or The Life Aquatic if I had to choose, what's your favourite?

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Mr Fox! Probably one of my favourite films full stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how brief Bill Murray was! Such a shame, although Fiennes was wonderful! I think mine would be Darjeeling..such a great soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all! Can't choose. Like a Ghibli movie, one just can't be loved more than the other.

    ReplyDelete