Wednesday, 18 December 2013

24 hours in London


What to do in 24 hours in London? There's so many options! Last weekend I took a trip to the capital, to visit my friend Laura who moved down there a few months ago. Having done most of my Christmas shopping already I really wanted to avoid the crowds in central London so we opted instead for a trip to Greenwich.

Greenwich is a lovely part of London, where there's lots to see and do. We wandered past the amazing Cutty Sark (above), then past Greenwich Market which looked very Christmassy and welcoming. We then visited the National Maritime Museum which was an amazing space I've not been to before. (It also has a great shop, perfect if you love maps and exploring!) There's also a giant ship in a bottle outside (which doesn't look that giant on my photo, oops..)






After that we wandered up the hill, where there's an amazing view of London below. We decided to visit the Royal Observatory, to see the Astronomy Photographer of the Year exhibition. I'd definitely recommend a trip here if you're in London, it a was really interesting place which was free of crowds on an otherwise busy Saturday. I also bought a huge poster of the Moon from the shop which is now proudly on display in my living room.

After all our walking we went for a tea and cake in a little cafe then hopped on a bus home. It was a  lovely weekend in the Big Smoke, and I was so glad we avoided the Christmas shopper madness in central London!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig