Friday, 29 November 2013

Film Friday: Frances Ha


I've wanted to see this film since it came out, so was excited when I spotted it on Netflix! Frances Ha stars Greta Gerwig as Frances, as a twenty-something woman living in New York who aspires to be a dancer. When her best friend decides to move out it leaves Frances wondering where to live and where her life is going. I thought it had similar themes to the TV series Girls and it also stars Adam from the show, as Frances's rich artist housemate. Although the film does contain many 'hipster' traits (it's shot in black and white, the characters smoke and say 'i love you' a lot) I did really enjoy the film as it went on - and I may have been compelled to put Bowie's 'Modern Love' on afterwards and dance around my living room..

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes I saw that pop up on Netlix the other day and added it to my list. I'm curious but don't really like Gerwig. I did watch What Maisie knew and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Frances Ha - nothing much happens, but it's just so enjoyable for a not-quite-definable reason! (And I really like the name reveal...!)

    ReplyDelete