Tuesday, 12 November 2013

A Day in the Life

Although I can't quite manage to blog every day in November as many of my favourite bloggers are currently doing, I am enjoying reading all of the posts inspired by the daily topics. I decided to try some of them out myself, so here is my 'Day in the Life' - it may not be overly exciting but I always enjoy getting a glimpse into other people's daily routines. As I only have a couple of weeks left in my current job I thought it would be interesting to post a record of my daily commute too, which will be changing very soon!


8.10am - Rise and shine!! Tom gets up before me and makes me a tea (yay). I then make breakfast - today it was weetabix & apple (which is my Nan's favourite breakfast), and we usually watch some kind of sitcom. We used to watch BBC breakfast but I found it a bit grating after a while and comedy is a much nicer way to start the day - at the moment it's The Thick of It. (PS Tom looks as if he's asleep in the pic above, he's just a bit tired!)


9.58am - I leave the house and walk to work to arrive at... 10am! I am very lucky that I currently live a very short walk from work (I can see it from my window)... although this will soon be changing as I'm about to begin a new job in Derby. I need to start stocking up on podcasts and books for my commute! Above: wearing in my new pair of autumn shoes!


10am - 6pm I work in the Marketing department at a theatre in Nottingham. My job involves lots of different things from putting up posters around the building to working on this year's pantomime programme - yes it's nearly time for panto! Multiple cups of tea help me through the day, and by the time 6pm rolls round the sun has set and it's pitch black outside.


6pm - 8pm I pop to the shop after work to buy some food and when Tom gets home we eat pasta and garlic bread, and listen to a playlist on Spotify.


8pm - 11pm My evenings in are often spent drawing, reading blogs, writing in my Q&A journal (above) and watching Breaking Bad while Tom plays GTA on the Playstation. It's surely what winter was made for!

11 comments:

  1. this is lovely! i adore your shoes - where did you get them? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are from Topshop x

      Delete
    2. I was just about to ask the same question - they're lovely!

      Delete
  2. I like to hear about other peoples routines! The morning bit is similar to ours - I always want to watch BBC breakfast as it makes me eat my breakfast fast as I can only watch 10 mins max and Thomas always wants to watch Frasier or It's always sunny in Philadelphia - but then he gets too absorbed which makes him miss his train :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yep! Used to do that too but we cancelled our tv license a while ago as we only seemed to watch things online - i do miss Frasier though!

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a nice fun day...and I love your shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous that you're wake-up time is 8.10 - that's the time my pupils arrive in my classroom!! Starting work at 10am sounds like bliss (although not sure I'd be so keen on the 6pm finish time every day).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love photo an hour posts - for some reason it's fascinating to peek into other people's every day life... I guess i'm just a little nosy! (The Woman's Hour podcast is probably my favourite for train journeys!) B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh i want to listen to the Women's Hour podcast too, thanks for the recommendation! x

      Delete
  6. What a lovely post!

    Great photography. Especially liked the shadow of you eating dinner.

    Adventures of a Sequin Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I love these sorts of things, these peeks into daily routines. xo

    ReplyDelete