Friday, 25 October 2013

Film Friday: Le Week-End


Hello again after a little blogging hiatus (I was in Bruges for several days - I'll write a mini guide to the city on here soon!).

Before my little trip on the Eurostar, Tom and I went to see a film which starts in a similar way - Le Week-End. Jim Broadbent and Lindsay Duncan play a couple who have been together for 30 years and decide to take a train to Paris to celebrate their anniversary and rejuvenate their relationship. The film reminded me in parts of Before Midnight, as some of Duncan's stinging remarks to her husband are quite painful to watch, but there are sweet and funny moments as well. The film takes a darker turn later on, but Jeff Goldblum provides a bit of comic relief. Tom and I were probably the youngest in the cinema, as the film seemed to attract the over 50s, but I enjoyed it anyway!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I went to go see this with my mum (before I went on a weekend to Paris with friends) and really enjoyed it. I wonder if all relationships get to a phase when you have been together so long that you love each other but sometimes in equal measure hate each other...

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig