Friday, 11 October 2013

Film Friday: Blue Jasmine


Last week I went to see the latest film by Woody Allen, Blue Jasmine. I enjoyed the film, and agree it's one of Woody's better films of the last few years although none of its characters are particularly likeable! Cate Blanchett was very good at portraying the lead role of Jasmine, a troubled New Yorker who arrives in San Francisco to stay with her more down-to-earth sister, played by Sally Hawkins. There's also a guest role from Louis CK, and quite a few other familiar faces pop up as the film goes on. Some of the story elements don't quite ring true (I won't mention any spoilers!) and Jasmine's character grated a little on me after a while but there are quite a few funny and poignant moments throughout the film which make it definitely worth a watch.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I find Woody Allen's films a bit hit and miss. My two favourites are Play it Again Sam and Annie Hall, and I'm dying to see Blue Jasmine. I'll definitely keep an open mind but I'm a sucker for Cate Blanchett. She's so classy xo

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig