Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Wanderlust Q and A


After reading first Janet's and then B's answers to the Wanderlust questionnaire, I thought I'd give it a go myself..

1. Which airport would you like to never see again?
Atlanta, Georgia. Tom & I had to change here on our way home from Chicago - one, it's the wrong direction and two, our wait was SEVEN hours. Luckily we had stocked up on comics and I had this one to plow through which helped.

2. What is your travel nightmare? 
Long delays on the way home, losing tickets. I sometimes have bad dreams about getting to airports without my passport which has never happened to me yet.. touch wood!

3. Would your rather stay in a fancy hotel and do less activities or stay in a hostel and do more activities?
In general it's the latter. I haven't stayed in that many fancy hotels but it can be nice for a treat. 



4. Do you have any pre-travel rituals?

List writing is a must. Downloading lots of podcasts to listen to on the way. Rolling up my clothes so that they fit into my teeny suitcase!

5. What is your favourite airline to fly with?
Anyone but Ryanair who I vowed never to fly with again!



6. If you could take a trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?

For some reason Hawaii sprang to mind, (perhaps as I just watched a Mad Men episode set there?) but usually I'd go with Japan.

7. How do you survive long haul flights?
Podcasts, film watching, trying not to go too mad. I'm not a huge fan of long flights.

8. What is your favourite stamp in your passport and why?
The Turkey stamp is cool, except for the fact that it signifies the loss of a crisp ten pound note on arrival..

9. What are your top 3 necessary items for travel?
Cameras, sun lotion, sketchbook.



10. What's your favourite holiday photograph of all time?
I like the photos I took in Iceland (above) and there are some great ones of our trip to Chicago too (below).


11.  What top 5 cities have you visited?
Stockholm, Amsterdam, Chicago, Barcelona, Berlin.


12. And now time for me to throw another question in - which city could you see yourself living happily in?
Berlin seemed to have such a nice laid back vibe to it when we went in June. If I improved my German a bit it would be a very cool city to live in. The beers helped too! I also love all the places we have visited in Holland.

[Do join in if you fancy answering the Q&A & let me know on the comments so i can read yours!]
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig