Friday, 30 August 2013

August | Just a minute


Just time for me to fit in a quick post before September (!) arrives. My August was spent...

Seeing David Byrne and St Vincent play live at Birmingham Symphony Hall - such an amazing gig!

Eating butternut squash and feta cheese tart, mmm..

Buying favourite albums on vinyl as a treat. (See above, plus also just bought a copy of Sufjan Stevens's Illinoise from eBay, it's so purdy.)

Watching Orange is the New Black (great), Mad Men season 6 (great, though I'm halfway through the season and so far it seems a little sombre), The Great British Bake Off (it's back! Who's your favourite this year?!)

Selling my old red bicyle.. it was sad to see her go, but she went to a happy new owner which was made me feel better.

Feeling excited about a new film that Bret McKenzie is working on, which sounds like a cross between two of my fave films, The Princess Bride and Labyrinth! Yesss.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. We're enjoying Orange is the new black too! One episode left! That butternut squash and feta tart sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You saw St. Vincent?? I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so good! And is now rocking blonde hair.. she looked very doll-like on stage.

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited about GBBO being back! I like Ali & Kimberly best so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - Ali is really sweet. And I thought Kimberley should've won star baker last week instead of Ruby!

      Delete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig