Friday, 19 July 2013

Friday happy list


This week the good weather and spending 3 days at a conference meant no time for film watching, so in absence of my usual 'Film Friday' post I decided to make a mini list of things making me happy this weekend.

1. SUNSHINE
The sun has now been out for well over a week! Considering 2012 contained no summer that I can recall this is an amazing fact that means I can finally wear all those summer dresses I'd pushed to the back of my wardrobe. There have been a few grumbles from people moaning that it's too hot, but despite the sweaty temperatures at night I am enjoying a bit of sun.

2. SUMMER FOOD
I'm not a massive fan of BBQs as I always feel veggies get a bit of a rough deal, but halloumi usually makes up for it! I have had some fantastic salads this week too, not to mention regular ice creams at work to keep cool.

3. CHERRIES
I'm loving fresh cherries at the moment, and this week spotted these juicy ones on a tree in our shared garden.

4. FRANKIE MAGAZINE
I bought the latest copy as a treat for myself last time I was in London, and it's simply lovely.

5. RECORDS
All i can afford music-wise these days are bargainous records. I am guilty of buying both Phil Collins and Hall and Oates LPs this week. I am not ashamed.

Have a top weekend folks!

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I must try this halloumi that everyone raves about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura! Are you coming to Indietracks this year? If not, I hope to see you again soon - either in London or in Nottingham!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I don't think i am going this year sadly. We should definitely meet up in London/Nottingham though, that would be great! A friend of mine is moving there soon so I think i'll have to make more London trips. x

      Delete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig