Friday, 21 June 2013

Film Friday: Silver Linings Playbook


I'm now back from a brilliant short break in Berlin - will post up about it soon. (And I'm gradually adjusting back to the British summertime!)

This week I watched Silver Linings Playbook, a film which earned its star Jennifer Lawrence an Oscar earlier this year. Bradley Cooper plays Pat, who has recently been let out of a mental hospital after a violent outburst. He is still hung up on his wife, who has put him under a restraining order.

I wasn't quite convinced about the portrayal of mental illness in the film, as Pat seemed to suffer more from rage and anger than depression, and I struggled to warm to Bradley Cooper. However I decided to stick at it and enjoyed the film more as it went on, as Cooper's character met Lawrence's and they bonded over a bowl of cereal in a diner. Robert de Niro was also good as Cooper's father, who is addicted to betting on football games and attempts to use his son as a lucky charm.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Always find myself agreeing with you on films! I was really looking forward to it but it was disappointing. We are just about to watch Sleepwalk with me :) x

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig