Wednesday, 1 May 2013

The Merry old Month of May


A list of things that excite me about this month....

1. Holidays. In a few weeks we depart for a week in Turkey - I can't wait!

2. Birthdays. It's quite a few of my friends' and family's birthdays in May, as well as quite a 'big' one for me in a couple of weeks! I plan to drag out my birthday for at least three quarters of the month just for good measure.

3. Sunshine. Some may disagree but my Dad always says that May 1st is the first day of summer, so I'm hoping the cold evenings will disappear and there will be more time for bike rides and picnics this month.

4. The release of Before Midnight - okay so it's only released in the US this month but that means a UK release can't be too far away, right?

5. Enjoying the outdoors before hayfever hits me in June. Need to make the most of inhaling the scent of blossom and grass before everything makes me sneeze!

6. Not one but two Bank Holidays, that can't be bad!

7. We are dog-sitting for Tom's dad this weekend, and looking after Pip, the sweetest little dog i know.

8. This weekend for a friend's birthday we are having a go at Scalectrix in a local pub, should be fun!

9. I'm currently working on a playlist of songs that make me happy, to play at my birthday shindig. This means looking through all my favourite songs from the 80s and 90s (and wondering what Chaka Demus & Pliers song is best, ha..)

What are you looking forward to this month?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I'm a fellow May baby! It's the absolute best of all birthday months I reckon. Lighter evenings, cherry blossom confetti, blue skies, warmer weather and of course - the two bank holidays one for each of us!
    I love this list, I too am eagerly awaiting Before Midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband turns 40 and I am whisking him away as a surprise! Definitely spin that birthday out...it's the one where I finally felt like a grown up (and had a small crisis about it!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah really? Actually i'm writing a comic at the moment about turning 30, so any further thoughts or stories you have are most welcome! xx

      Delete
    2. I will have a think and let you know! :)

      Delete
  3. I remember reading somewhere that Before Midnight is out at the end of June but can't find where that was now. I am looking forward to getting back in the swing of regular car booting yay!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig