Friday, 10 May 2013

Film Friday: Sound it Out


This week I watched Sound it Out, a documentary which centres around the last record shop in Teeside, north east England. It explores the slightly obsessive characters that frequent the shop, and the shop owners themselves who are so passionate about music. It was really interesting to hear the reasons why the customers held the shop so close to them, and why music has helped them get through difficult parts in their lives. There were some very 'Hi Fidelity' moments in the film too! I thought it was a shame that we didn't hear a bit more from female music collectors though, as the people featured were nearly all men (despite the director being female). I have sometimes found vinyl shops a little intimidating when I've stepped inside them, although they really shouldn't be!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I absoloutely love this documentary - saw it on BBC4 a while ago and it's such a gem. Great characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this sounds great! Will have to look out for it on Lovefilm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the Quo fan :)

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig