Friday, 24 May 2013

Film Friday: The Great Gatsby


I wasn't sure what I'd make of the film version of The Great Gatsby, as I didn't really get on that well with the book (i found the overprivileged characters in it a bit much, so never finished reading it). The film itself has all the glitziness you'd expect from a Baz Luhrmann project, along with a soundtrack that mixes songs from the jazz era with newer hits, to give the story a modern twist.

Overall I enjoyed the movie - I thought it got a lot better in the second half when tragedy struck! Although it did seem a little long, and sometimes the over-the-top effects were a bit much for me.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I did not get on with the music! I think I felt the same as you, it was ok but not the best!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig