Friday, 3 May 2013

Film Friday: Broken English


Broken English stars Parker Posey (who i think has a bit of a cult following) as Nora, a woman in her thirties, stuck in a job she doesn't enjoy, who goes out with a series of men who are all wrong for her. Until one night at a party she meets charming Frenchman Julien. They spend the weekend together until he has to depart for Paris. Nora has a bit of a freak out and decides not to go but then has a change of heart and whisks herself off to Paris to find him. Without giving away too much of the plot, there are lots of echoes of Before Sunrise/Sunset in this film (*spoiler alert! - the last line in Broken English is apparently the same as Before Sunset!). Although I found Julien lovely, I couldn't quite decide if I liked Nora or not. I did enjoy the film, but  it didn't quite hit the mark; perhaps as I felt slightly let down by the ending.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oh I didn't know that about the last line!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig