Sunday, 7 April 2013

Album Beauty


Last month I nipped into Derby's art gallery and cinema, Quad which hosts an international photography festival each year called Format. There is an exhibition on currently called Album Beauty by Erik Kessels, which is 'an ode to the vanishing era of the photo album'. I love looking through old photo albums, and although I haven't had any photos printed for a while now I always enjoy looking back through my albums from my childhood and university years and getting all nostalgic.

In the gallery old photographs and album pages are enlarged so it's almost like stepping inside the pages of an album. I really enjoyed looking through some of the photos - one album was entirely dedicated to the owner's poodle which was quite amusing. The exhibition runs until May 26 at Quad, you can read a bit more about it here. (Apologies for the poor photos, I only had my phone with me!)

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This sounds and looks very interesting. I might have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig