Monday, 18 March 2013

52 Lists: My favourite geek heroes

It may not surprise you to learn that at school I was definitely more of a geek than one of the popular kids. Glasses? Check. Braces? Check. White socks with black trousers?! Oh dear. However I'm pretty sure most of the 'geekier' kids ended up in some brilliant jobs, whereas their popular counterparts? I'm not so sure. Since then I think there's been a definite surge in popularity of nerdy types. (Some people even going as far as wearing glasses with clear glass as a fashion item - hmm.) So I thought I'd round up some of my favourite geeks from popular culture. One day the geek will surely inherit the earth (ahem!)








1. Brian Krakow from My So-called Life
As well as getting straight As Brian also loves photography and has a knack of being at the right place at the right time. If it weren't for his slightly silly haircut and beige outfits he'd surely make the girls swoon.

2. Josh from Clueless
He has a penchant for Radiohead and is more interested in watching CNN than Ren & Stimpy. Paul Rudd's character in Clueless is pretty charming despite his bad dance moves (speaking of which, this video proves Rudd still has the moves!)

3. Milhouse from the Simpsons
As this clip shows, Milhouse rules. 

4. McLovin' from Superbad
This kid knows how to par-tay.

5. Louis Theroux
Mainly for his amazing ability to rap. (I probably watch this on average once a month...)

6. Graham Coxon
Makes wearing glasses and stripy tops ever appealing.

Who's your favourite geek?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Can't believe i forgot Jarvis!

      Delete
  2. Adam Goldberg's character, Mike, from Dazed & Confused for me! Actually, his whole little group of geeks are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig