Monday, 28 January 2013

Weekend adventures


At the weekend we took a trip up north to Manchester to visit Tom's sister. She'd bought us tickets to see Louis Barabbas and the Bedlam 6 - a crazy rock-jazz-folk band who were playing a birthday gig there. The next day we went on a mission to find an old photo booth. I have a bit of an addiction to hunting down old black and white booths, they're so rare to find these days and really are a lot of fun! The photobooth is located in a gorgeous stationery store called Fred Aldous which is pretty much a graphic designer's dream. I'd recommend a trip there if you're ever in Manchester, its a perfect place to buy gifts, fancy stationery and arty materials.

After taking several sets of photos we headed for Sunday lunch before hitting the road back to Nottingham. I am really enjoying having weekend trips to look forward to at the moment, it seems a long way to go til my next holiday so it's fun to plan a few weekends away until then. Next weekend: Brighton!





SHARE:

5 comments

  1. What a great documentation of photobooth fun! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That roast looks great. I have bought online from Fred Aldous before and never knew they had an actual shop - but one with a photobooth. I need to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shop! Wow!

    I don't know of any old fashioned photobooths in Aberdeen (except one you can hire for events); I miss them - I remember having so much fun mucking about in them when I was a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know there were any old photobooths around in the UK anymore! Where else have you discovered them? It was the one thing I loved about Berlin when I visited, all the incredible old booths around every street corner! This is currently in my amazon wishlist praying for me to buy it but not sure I can part with such a wedge just now!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/American-Photobooth-Nakki-Goranin/dp/0393330761/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1359555451&sr=8-6
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh that looks good Bee. I also loved the amount of photobooths when i went to Berlin, they were so cheap too!

    I have this book and it's also good: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Photobooth-The-Art-Automatic-Portrait/dp/0810996111/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig