Sunday, 20 January 2013

Adventures in the snow


This weekend was the first chance I had to go out and enjoy the snow. It snowed here quite heavily on Friday night but I decided to brave the trains on Saturday to visit my friend Jen in her new home in Market Harborough, a little town in Leicestershire. It was the first time I'd been but we discovered some lovely little shops and the cosiest cafe where I had some amazing butternut squash soup. There was also a vintage shop next door which we were excited to discover. We went a very chilly walk through the park and I was glad to get inside again for a lovely hot chocolate (and huge slice of cake - kind of spoilt myself after that walk!) Later on back at Jen's we had a warming curry by her roaring open fire. Did you enjoy the snow?






SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Getting nostalgic looking at your last photograph. I remember coming back in as a kid with soggy socks and just used to sit infront of the fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Yeah we had an open fire as a kid too, it was so cosy at Christmas especially. Shame there's not so many about any more.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos! There's been no snow here (a few drizzly flakes falling, but nothing on the ground); I feel like we've missed out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I'd love an open fireplace! Some houses near us have them and I get so jealous when I can smell it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! That soup looks good and so does sitting by the fire. Enjoy the snow while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love Market Harborough, and it looks lovely in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter days are simply the best! I live in Canada and am very familiar with this kind of weather. What turns it into magic is the long cold snap that freezes the ponds. Then it's time for outdoor skating and shinny! The is no other glory I can compare to hours spent on a frozen pond chasing a puck!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig