Wednesday, 16 January 2013

23 Questions


Mizhenka and Nekomentsu both posted up a little Q&A on their blogs recently so I thought I'd join in too as it's always nice to find out more about the person behind the blog. (Although I have taken a few questions out of the original list due to laziness!)


1. Do you have a middle name?
May, the month I was born.

2. What is your favourite drink?
Tea.

3. Who is your all time favourite musician/band?
Probably Blur. They were the band I loved growing up and through a mutual love of Blur I also met some great friends I still know today.

4. What is your job?
I work in marketing at a theatre. I started there a few months ago and it's been brilliant so far, especially being able to see what goes on behind the scenes!

5. What is your dream job?
Travelling around the world in a camper van taking photos and discovering new places, sketching as I go.

6. What is your favourite song at the moment?
Cab Calloway - 'Is you is or is you aint my baby'

7. What would you name your kids or next pets?
I like the idea of using grandparent's names for kids. My granddad was called Eric but I'm not quite sure how that would go down with a child of today?

8. Do you participate in any sports, if so which?
Not if I can help it, I'm not competitive and hate team sports! Badminton is fun.

9. Favourite book?
As I was growing up I loved the Catcher in the Rye but Blankets is one of my all time favourites as it's just so beautifully written and illustrated. I love autobiographical stories.

10. Favourite colour?
Blue.

11. Favourite animal?
Dogs. And tortoises.

12. Favourite holiday?
There's been a few... Iceland, the Peak District, various trips to Wales have all been great.

13. Where would you like to go on holiday?
Japan, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Finland, Scotland

14. What countries have you visited?
France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Iceland, Sweden, Hungary, Czech Republic, Croatia, USA and last but not least, Wales.

15. Do you speak any other languages?
I speak quite bad German..

16. Do you have siblings?
A brother.

17. What is your favourite shop?
I do like Urban Outfitters when there's a sale on. Also Paperchase.

18. Favourite restaurant – what do you order?
Desi Downtown. Almost always the saag aloo paneer.. yum.

19. Did you like school, what was your favourite subject?
Art and German.. and Media Studies as it gave me chance to play with plasticine figures in an attempt to do stop-motion. Fun!

20. Favourite blogger?
Hula Seventy always writes beautiful things and posts lovely photos. And everyone in my sidebar links is bloody brilliant.

21. Favourite movie?
Stand by Me / It's a Wonderful Life

22. Favourite TV show?
My So-called Life, Spaced, Mad Men, Simpsons and Pugwall.

23. What is most valuable piece of advice you have ever been given?
My dad always tells me to 'just take no notice' if anything's getting me down...
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Eric is a great name! Plus there's that fella in True Blood everybody seems to like, and he's an Eric. My Grandads' names are Gerard and Terence, and I think kids today would have issues with those names!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe Gerard reminds me of the character on Peepshow. But yes I think Eric would make a cute name for a child anyway!

      Delete
  2. I used to love Pugwall. I'd quite like to watch it again now. I still remember some of the catchy songs from it! Oh and Jordan Catalano!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! All the Pugwall songs are on Youtube and bring back happy memories :) And yes Jordan Catalano... sigh.

      Delete
  3. Mmm Desi Downtown. Maybe I can convince Ben to go this weekend... (although massive curry-related-food-babies don't lend themselves that well to romance!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've not been in a while actually, will have to fit in a trip there next month for sure.

      Delete
  4. 'just take no notice' is amazing advice and I love your dream job, travelling and taking photos sounds perfect to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. blur <3
    i've seen a few of these q&a posts lately. i might give one a go as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig