Monday, 10 December 2012

Weekend in pictures

Above: my friend Laura knitted this Christmas jumper, isn't it amazing?


This weekend I discovered a huge new vintage shop called Hopkinson's just opposite the train station in Nottingham. If you ever get chance, do pop in, there's several floors of quirky knick knacks, old bicycles, clothes and books.

I was getting a train to Sheffield, to meet up with some friends to see an old favourite band; Pulp. The band were ace, but the venue was so huge I got lost a couple of times and a little claustrophobic, I forgot how much I don't like arenas! But exploring Sheffield in the afternoon was great- we found a lovely gift shop and a brilliant Oxfam full of old records (with quite hilarious covers, including this! What did people ever see in this band?!) We also discovered a book shop called Rare & Racy which had everything you'd need from a bookshop; lots of staircases, ladders to reach the shelves and an old man in the corner working on bookbinding. I ended the weekend with Home Alone and Elf which made me feel rather festive indeed.








SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Ooh, that vintage shop looks worth a train trip up to Nottingham. Cheers for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura's knitted jumper looks amazing! So jealous.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig