Monday, 31 December 2012

Handmade Loveliness



I always love a handmade present, and this year I got a couple of lovely things I thought I'd share here. Firstly my aunt made me this gorgeous rag rug. I think it took her several months to complete but it's so comfy and pretty, I'm really happy with it.


Secondly my talented knitter friend made me these cute and sparkly hand warmers. Apparently the sequins are part of the wool. Aren't they pretty? 


Also, I made this cross stitch portrait of Tom and I for Tom's Christmas pressie (after being inspired by one seen on Morten and Me). I also added a tiny dog quite wistfully as we aren't able to have pets in our tiny flat, but we can dream!

Hope you all have a lovely New Year. Apologies for the dark photos, it's awfully rainy here and the house is so dark and it's only just 4pm! Tom and I are planning on staying in to watch the Muppets movie tonight, but might pop to a friend's house nearby to ring in the new year later. Have a good one! Lx
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Oh I love it! I gathered you were making one by previous posts so I'm so happy to see it! That is your dog of the future, I bet :) Happy new year, I've really enjoyed reading your blog in 2012. Looking forward to more very soon, love Nick and Morten xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick, have really enjoyed reading yours as well :) x

      Delete
  2. YOu did receive some beautiful prezzies! Happy New Year to you and your family. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely gifts! And a happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig