Friday, 23 November 2012

Film Friday: The Perks of being a Wallflower






I finally managed to see The Perks of Being a Wallflower at the cinema this week. I was a little worried that the actors wouldn't do the book justice but I thought they did a really good job (even Emma Watson!) The film starts off as your typical outcast going to high school movie, but it develops into a more complex story as it goes on. At first I was unsure about the title character's casting, he didn't look as much of a wallflower as I'd hoped! But he played the part really well as the film progressed. The soundtrack was very good too (the only thing that slightly bugged  me and my friend at the end was the fact that they listened to 'Heroes' by David Bowie in their car and couldn't figure out who the song was by... c'mon know your Bowie, kids!) Other than night it made a good winter movie, and Ezra Miller was really fun to watch as Patrick.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I really enjoyed it too. I had to stop myself thinking about 'Kevin' though! Now that was a VERY different character.....:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! My friend and I said the same thing about the Bowie song, but we both loved the film otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the casting - they are all a bit too fit to be outcasts!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig