Friday, 16 November 2012

Film Friday: Annie Hall



After watching Annie Hall again I can safely say it's one of my most favourite films, and certainly my favourite by Woody Allen. It's still as funny, charming and (I think) true to life as it was when it was made and I love watching Diane Keaton and Woody's relationship grow and change over time ("Well la di da"). It's also the perfect film to draw to, which helps as I'm working on a couple of new portraits for people at the moment (exciting!). Though watching it again did re-emphasize how light and fluffy newer Woody Allen films are - maybe it's time for him to hang up his hat?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Yeah, LOVE that movie as well. There are so many interesting storytelling techniques that he uses - the animation, talking into the camera, visualizing his thoughts, having "strangers" in the street interrupt with their thoughts, etc. SO good! And Diane Keaton is just delightful! :) Maybe it's time I watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I've just admitted over on another blog, I don't like Annie Hall. I always feel so bad admitting that! Haven't watched in in ages, though, so maybe it's time to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, what is it you dislike about the film?x

      Delete
  3. this is one of my favorite films, too. it is perfect fall watching. must watch again soon.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig