Thursday, 25 October 2012

Ovaltine, cookies and crafts

DSCF0254

This week's been quite busy so far but on Wednesday evening I invited some friends over for a cosy craft evening, where we could all work on different projects we'd begun.

In the end I was the only person not knitting (I have tried it before but for some reason didn't get on with it as I always panicked when I dropped a stitch!). I was working on a top secret project for someone's Christmas present! I put some old records on, and we ate ghost cookies and drank ovaltine (or wine depending on the mood), which made for a really relaxing evening. We've vowed to do it again once the clocks change this weekend and the winter evenings draw in.

DSCF0249
Hannah is making these beautiful gloves

DSCF0240
Amazing knitting patterns...

DSCF0253

DSCF0239
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Craft get-togethers make me happy. I love going to my fortnightly craft club at the library down the road (even more now that people usually bring along wine - shh, don't tell the librarians!). This looks like a lovely way to spend an autumn evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea, everyone looks so comfy and relaxed. Makes me want to organise one :) hope the 'project' is working out well! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely - I'm jealous of the woman pressed up against the radiator. So cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so fun. Also that is one impressive glove!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, you should see the other things that hannah made, i'm quite jealous of my friends' knitting talents!

      Delete
  5. I am always grateful for a wonderful news.
    Japan is now the fall of art.
    It is a lovely hand-knitted.
    I regret very much. Japanese women are no longer the hand-knitted.
    Japanese women, the hand is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love it if my friends did this. Crafting for me is a very solitary thing but I wish there werw local groups so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, which town do you live in? Surprised there aren't any near you. Maybe you could start one! x

      Delete
  7. This was lots of fun! When are we going to do it again? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon! Next time we could make hot chocolate and listen to even more music from our teen years.. yesss.

      Delete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig