Friday, 19 October 2012

Film Friday: Being Elmo, a Puppeteer's Journey


Last week I watched a really sweet film about the puppeteer behind one of the most well-loved muppets out there, Elmo. If you've ever been a fan of Sesame Street or the Muppets it's a great insight into the work of Jim Henson and the process behind creating the muppets themselves.

Although I've always been more of a Bert and Ernie fan, it was really interesting to see how Elmo got his personality from the person behind the puppet, Eric Clash. Growing up, Clash was fascinated by puppets and began making them for himself. It wasn't long before he met a bearded man called Kermit Love (yes!) and was on his way to work for one of the most popular children's series in the world.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. We watched this on Netflix some weeks back... it was fab to learn about the process :) So much more than you think goes into these little nuggets of childhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, i liked hearing about the 'Henson stitch'!

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to watch this for so long, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put my order in at Love Film! I do love Elmo but I have a real soft spot of Grover. :)
    Happy cross stitching by the way! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to watch that on Netflix for ages - might get round to it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this documentary. :D It was so touching!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig