Friday, 14 September 2012

Film Friday: Ones to watch..

I've not had chance to watch a film this week (although I've watched many episodes of Spaced, which always cheers me up!) So I thought I'd write a post about upcoming films I'm excited about seeing in the next few months.



1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - out October 3rd
I read the book a few years ago so am intrigued to see how it works in film form. I'm not too sure about Emma Watson but the film also stars Paul Rudd, which I feel is a good sign!

2. Frankenweenie - out 17th October
This new animation by Tim Burton is out just in time for Halloween, which should make for good viewing. (Plus Winona Ryder is in it, hurrah!)

3. The Hobbit - out 14th December
Although I'm not a huge fan of Lord of the Rings, my Dad used to read the Hobbit to me as a child so I'd quite like to watch the film when it finally comes out at the end of this year.


4. This is 40 - out 14th Feb 2013
Judd Apatow is back with this sequel to 'Knocked Up'.

5. Django Unchained - out 18th January 2013
Another film which sounds intriguing is Quentin Tarantino's latest project, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Jamie Foxx.

6. Wreck it Ralph - out 15th February 2013
Here's one that Tom got very excited about, as it's an animation starring a host of well known video game characters! The trailer did indeed look fun.

And finally ...

The End of the World - out 28th June 2013
Um, should I apologise for putting 3 films starring Paul Rudd on the list? This film looks interesting nonetheless! It's directed by Seth Rogen and the plot goes as follows: a bunch of celebrities (including Michael Cera!) are at a party at James Franco's house when they are faced with the apocalypse. This film could turn out to be really good, or really bad. Hopefully the former!

(*Note: quite pleased with how the colours happened to match on the film posters above! The graphic designer in me is happy!)
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen, Michael Cera AND James Franco?! Oh my word, be still my beating heart. Also, I am so, so excited about The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, just hope it lives up to my expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Was pretty excited when I discovered that one!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited about Frankenweenie and I love the trailer for Wreck It Ralph. I've never read The Perks of Being a Wallflower but the trailer looks really good and I'm always waiting for a new Tarantino film. There are so many good films coming out now that the summer season of blockbusters is over, I'm quite excited about it all!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig