Sunday, 30 September 2012

A family portrait

sandra & jonno

A few months ago I was commissioned to draw a family portrait for my friend Sandra. She asked for a picture of her side of the family, along with her husband's, all doing different things in a park scene. It was a bit of a challenge to complete as I don't often draw things that are quite so detailed (and on a large scale!). But I was really pleased with the result, and happily so was she. Here are a few of the initial drawings I did, along with the final image, below. (It's rather wide so best viewed at full size on flickr.) I am still in the midst of setting up an etsy store to sell my portraits, but feel free to get in touch if you'd like one of your own!
portrait on the swings

on the park bench

cupcake
park life

Full Picture 110712
The final park scene!
SHARE:

2 comments

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig