Friday, 13 July 2012

My Favourite Movies: Guest post by Tom


This week Tom kindly offered to step in for the 'Film Friday' slot and talk about a few of his favourite movies (Although I was very surprised that he forgot to include any Arnie or Nicolas Cage classics...)

Ey up! Laura and I didn't actually get round to watching a film this week (which is ridiculous on my part as i've been off work with the 'man flu'). So instead, here's a very insightful list of my favourite movies!

'That rug really tied the room together'
Me and my friend used to watch this constantly when we were younger. Each character is so beautifully acted. 

'It's sexist!'... 'Well, what's wrong with being sexy?'
Rob Reiner's amazing mockumentary (rockumentary?) about life on the road with an aging rock band still makes me laugh. Especially the Jazz Odyssey near the end... 

'I think we've been in here too long, I feel unusual'
One of the most easily quotable films on Earth surely! Uncle Monty is one of the funniest characters i've ever witnessed and i've had to rewind the shouting policeman a few times... 'GETINTHEBACKOFTHEVAN!'

' It's funny how people see me and treat me, since I'm really just a simple, boring person.'
A gentle, quiet film. I've watched it a few times now and although it feels like nothing happens, the plot is really affecting. It just shows that films can be shy and reserved and still feel incredibly personal.

'For relaxing times, make it Suntory time'
I remember watching this at the cinema when it came out and I was totally underwhelmed. I didn't understand what my friends saw in it! It was only a few years later when I watched it round a friends house that everything clicked
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Oh, I love The Station Agent! And hi Tom! Nice to meet you - hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "shy and reserved" What a great way to describe that wonderful movie! It's also one of my favorites. That's where I fell in love with Peter Dinklage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those films are my husband's favourite films too.
    I watched The Station Agent recently (upon your recommendation) and really liked it.
    I wish it had've been a series though - I didn't want to let those characters go.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig