Friday, 27 July 2012

Film Friday: Top 5 Bicycle Films



This week the weather has been perfect for cycling, and as I hopped on my old red bike I started thinking about my favourite films involving bicycles. (I really wanted to watch The Kid with a Bike recently but sadly missed it, did anyone see it at the cinema?) So here is my top 5!

1. My Girl
This is always the first film that springs to mind when I'm riding my bike, carefree on a sunny day. Vada and her best friend Thomas J ride their bikes everywhere (Vada's even has tassles on the handles if I remember rightly!)


2. Now And Then (image above via here)
If you ignore the awful title, (and the fact that Christina Ricci grows into Rosie O'Donnell - wha?) this is a perfect coming-of-age tale about a group of friends, growing up in the summer of 1970. They love to ride their bicycles, complete with pretty baskets and radios to boot. 

3. Amelie
The final scene where Amelie and Nino are riding down the street together is just perfect.


4. ET
We all remember the classic night time scene at the end of the film, but there's also the bicycle chase part pictured above - look at his little face!

5. Belleville Rendez-vous
Okay, so I cheated a little as I've not actually seen this film. But Tom recommended I do, so I should really give it a watch. It centres around a boy who has a love for cycling and grows up to take part in the Tour De France. (Oh and Tom tells me it features a cute overweight dog. Sold!)

Let me know if there's any others I've missed! Have a good weekend folks x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Breaking Away

    Great bicycle movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kid with a Bike is really worth watching. I loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. city of angels! :) just one bicycle scene, but this one is the most important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all, except Now and Then which I've never seen - will add it to my 'to watch' list.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig