Sunday, 17 June 2012

White Chocolate & Ginger Cheesecake recipe

DSC_1126

I haven't had much time for baking recently but as I took the Friday off I decided to make a summery cheesecake. The recipe is all my own (so excuse the approximate amounts), as I couldn't find any decent ones for this kind of cheesecake. I added some strawberries as decoration too as I think they go well with white chocolate. Enjoy!

DSC_1053

Ingredients:
250g (1 tub) Cream Cheese
Approx 100g Marscapone
Double Cream (1/2 large tub)
Large bar white chocolate (I used 4 Milky bars!)
100g butter
250g ginger biscuits
Strawberries

1. Crush the biscuits using a rolling pin (I whacked the heck out of them inside the packet although this did get a bit messy so I suggest putting them into a plastic bag first!)
2. Melt the butter and stir in the biscuit crumbs. Grease and line a deep cake tin and pour the mixture inside, flatten and pop into the fridge for an hour to cool down.
3. Put the cream cheese, marscapone & double cream into a mixing bowl. Boil some water in a saucepan and break up the white chocolate. Put the chocolate into a glass bowl on top of the pan until it melts. Add this to the mixing bowl and use an electric whisk to mix together until smooth.
4. An hour later pour the cheese mixture on top of the ginger biscuit base, leave to cool for a couple more hours (or overnight) then add the strawberries as decoration. Voila!

DSC_1059



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Looks amazing! I like the sound of using milky bars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic! I'm definitely going to have to try out the recipe :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. Come and make you eat.
    Today I harvested the potatoes I have grown.
    Oden made ​​a supper in the potato.
    Oden is one of the common Japanese cuisine.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig