Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Weekend in Pictures

DSC_1040

At the weekend I ended my first clothes swapping event. 'Swop 'n' Shop' was a chance to take along 3 items of clothing to swap with new ones, held in aid of the Red Cross at the lovely Silk Mill Museum in Derby. It's a fantastic space which I'd not visited since a school trip as a child. It was strange seeing some of my old dresses being snapped up by people, but a nice feeling that they were going to a good home!

On Sunday I met some friends at the Arboretum for the Green Festival, and it was even hot enough for ice creams! As we seem to be having the worst Summer (and Spring) weather ever this came as a lovely surprise!

DSC_1022
Excited clothes swappers!


DSC_1020
Outside the Silk Mill


DSC_1019
I love these cute little creatures on the bicycle racks outside


DSC_1033
More clothes... dangling from trees at the Green Festival


DSC_1041
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Oh I love those knitted mice on the bike racks! Lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such event has been held for many in Japan as well. It is a great recycling behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the knitted mice! The clothes swap sounds like fun, too.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig