Friday, 15 June 2012

Film Friday: 2 Days in New York

I've been waiting a while to see 2 Days in New York, the sequel to 2 Days in Paris, directed by and starring Julie Delpy. I am always a bit wary about sequels but, happily I enjoyed this one a lot too! The storyline is similar to the first film, but this time Delpy's character is dating Mingus, a writer and radio broadcaster played brilliantly by Chris Rock. Again Marion's family descend on her for a couple of days in which chaos reign - her Dad (played by Delpy's father in real life) was my favourite and provided quite a few funny moments. I also enjoyed the cameo by Vincent Gallo towards the end (who featured in a storyline not dissimilar to one that featured in the Simpsons!)

I may be a bit biased as I do love Julie Delpy but I really liked this film, and I thought Chris Rock was a great Adam Goldberg replacement - if you've seen it too, let me know your thoughts!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Seeing this in a couple of weeks- can't wait as I love the first one!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig