Monday, 4 June 2012

Be Kind, Rewind (a film list from my childhood)


I do love a good list! Recently I submitted a list to Bianca's blog, titled Things from my Childhood that are too good to give up. So I decided to make another documenting my favourite childhood films that I used to watch over and over (and with most, this hasn't changed!). 

I remember when me and my little brother would go to the corner shop and check out a video for the weekend (usually the Princess Bride but occasionally we'd make a bad choice such as Night of the Twisters - a rather terrible rip-off that we mistook for Twister. Which, looking back may have been a blessing in disguise!). Are there any good ones I missed?

 The Princess Bride (still awesome), My Girl (still makes me cry!), Labyrinth (used to terrify me a bit)

Return to Oz (another slightly scary movie for kids- the Wheelers were the stuff of nightmares), Stand By Me & Flight of the Navigator

Oh, and Happy Queen's-Jubilee-Bank-Holiday-time to any British readers out there! 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Oog, good list. Haven't watched any of these for eons (probably since I was a child). What about Never Ending Story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Stand By Me, but didn't realise how sweary it is until I unwittingly watched it with a class of teenagers. Oops. My brothers and I tended to watch obscure, made-for-TV films over and over again. My Boyfriend's Back, a bizarre 80s film about a 60s girl group reuniting in middle age, was a particular favourite for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha that looks funny, i do love the song it's titled after by The Angels.

      Delete
  3. Story of the history of the child is introduced, all I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Labyrinth. I know what I didn't watch when I was younger, Jurassic Park, I was so scared of it. I happily watch it now but it still scares me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to give that another watch actually, haven't seen it since i was a kid! A lot of my friends love it and the theme song brings back a lot of nostalgia!

      Delete
  5. Excellent list. I love all these movies. I might add The Dark Crystal and The Secret of NIMH :)

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig