Monday, 14 May 2012

Podcasts I like


I just thought I'd post up about a few good podcasts I've been listening to lately. This is also a request to anyone who can recommend other good ones to listen to on my way to work! Art and design related ones maybe, let me know in the comments if you can add to my rather short list! (Artwork above by Divya Srinivasan who also did Sufjan Steven's artwork)

1. This American Life
Ira Glass can do no wrong. This Chicago-based podcast documents ordinary people's stories, on a different theme each week. The stories are usually quite moving and have been known to make me both laugh and cry!

2. How to do everything
I've also been enjoying this podcast where Mike Danforth & Ian Chillag answer questions on far ranging topics such as 'How do I escape a charging rhino' or 'How do you make friends in a new town?'

3. After the Jump
Design Sponge has a new podcast which started a few weeks ago, where host Grace Bonney interviews some of her design heroes.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I love podcasts! Two of my favorites are The Moth (personal stories) and Radiolab. They're not Art and Design, but I never miss'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for the recommendations, not heard of radiolab so i'll search it out.

      Delete
  2. I have always been partial to Radiolab, but I've been on planes so often lately, that I need some new podcasts... thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all sound great, I haven't ventured much into the world of podcasts, so these sound like a grand place to start! Thanks for the recommendations! :) Katie. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips! I not much of a podcasts wizz, but I do listen to the 'Stuff you should know' podcasts sometimes. Sounds like they might be similar to the 'How to do everything' ones.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig