Sunday, 20 May 2012

Nice things (owl edition!)

bday

On Friday I celebrated my birthday (the last one of my twenties, eep!). I got some lovely presents so I thought I'd share a few here.

A while ago I posted about some hand-cut books which I loved and for my birthday Tom made me this one (below), isn't it great? It's made from a lovely old book called the Reader's Digest Junior Treasury. Tom was working on it for quite a few hours and I think it turned out really well! I love the symbols on the spine too, one says 'Things to make & do.' This year was also a good year for owls! I got quite a few owl-cards and some other lovely birdy things too. I also ordered myself a little gift from Etsy, a butterfly necklace from Ladybird Likes. It came beautifully packaged with a little crocheted cherry brooch thrown in for free, I was pretty pleased!

DSC_0694

DSC_0790
A cute owl egg timer!

DSC_0794
My Ladybird Likes necklace

DSC_0792
Tatty Devine brooch I got as a birthday gift, hurray!

DSC_0693
And finally an owl chalkboard my brother gave me!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. (A belated) Happy Birthday! What an amazing gift from Tom (though the others are super-cute).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Lovely gifts! I want them all ;)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very nice idea and design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that chalkboard! And happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig