Tuesday, 1 May 2012

A letter to the future

DSC_0614

At the weekend I visited an old family friend who moved into my old family home after we had moved out. He said he had an envelope for me they'd found lodged in the chimney. Inside the envelope were two letters, one from my brother, aged ten at the time and the other from me, three years older. On the envelope was the date, 18th December 1996. The letters were addressed to whoever found them in the future. Mine had a little drawing of myself and questions for the finder. But my brother's is my favourite. I might hide the letter back in a chimney and hope robots come across it in a few thousand years..

letter
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. That is so cute. I remember one of my schools did a time capsule...I wonder if they've opened it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How I love that little letter! 'I bet you are robots in the future' is the best!
    p.s. glad I found your blog.... I like Sunday hair :) made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I can totally picture you both conspiring together to hide your letters. What a wonderful blast from the past :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nice comments folks :) I still need to show my brother the letter next time i see him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! How cool is that!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig